|Context||Inadequate ICT Awareness causes Digital divide.|
|Goal||Spread awareness of essential ICT tools|
|Criteria||Observable utilization of linked digital content|
|Outputs||A continuously evolving Data Workflow|
|Process||Relate data assets using Hyperlinks|
|Inputs||Active Participants and Semantic MediaWiki|
|Boundaries||Lack of access to networked Modern Browsers|
About this Website
- Project Knowledge Container(PKC) as the data service containerization instrument.
- Meta University(MU) as the abstract organization that practices data-centric learning activities.
- Inter-Organizational Workflow as the pattern of dataflows that enable opertaional exchanges between orgnaizations that utilizes PKC instruments.
Data Science and Namespace Management
The power of data lies in namespace management, please read the page: Hypertext Syntax, to explore the possibilities offered by PKC. It will significantly improve the organizational structure of your data asset stored in hyperlinked and transcluded data content. November 24, 2021
ICT Tools for Distributed Learning
Given the distributed nature of our online learning program, there are many ICT tools that help develop one's digital native skills. Knowing that there will be many different skill levels in our highly diverse cohort, we have created a multi-tiered approach to engage your participation.
- Non-Digital Native: Any person who has the potential to use popular web apps and smartphone apps for daily operations.
- Content Creator: All participants will have read/write access to at least one dedicated instances of PKC. Since all content are automatically version controlled, we will allow dedicated content organizers/librarians in your own teams to maintain data integrity.
- Self-Service Agent: All participants will be given instruction material to learn to operate their own PKC instance for personal knowledge management. However, installation and operation of this personal data instrument are not required for all participants, shared instances of PKCs are encouraged.
Courses Conducted using Personal Knowledge Container (PKC) Technologies
Please go to this page to see courses and learning outcomes created using PKC: List of Courses using PKC.
Universal Data Abstraction
In the era of Big Data, the required skillset can be summarized in one term:Universal Data Abstraction. Knowing the potentials and boundaries of Universal Data Abstraction is to acquire the skill to use available resources to capture data of any sort, and use them under various contexts, including working with many people.
MediaWiki and Universal Data Abstraction
Semantic MediaWiki is one of the more functional, and Open Source technology in helping students practice their skills on Universal Data Abstraction. We prepared PKC to help you experience the universality of data abstraction by running a public instance of MediaWiki for your teamwork. We also prepared this installation instruction to help you operate PKC on your own. PKC stands for Personal Knowledge Container. It is a customized version of MediaWiki designed to be operated by organizations of varying sizes, so that data ownership can be universal. There are many MediaWiki related resources for knowledge management, you can find them in references grouped as footnotes.[footnotes 1]
Personal Knowledge Container (PKC)
The main ideas behind PKC are Semantic MediaWiki, and data orchestration in a data publishing workflow that subscribes to the ideas of Universal Data Abstraction. Since it can be run on a broad range of personally owned devices, so that it is named Personal Knowledge Container. If you want to have a privately operated knowledge container, please follow the installation procedure to own one for yourself.
- , http://edutechwiki.unige.ch/en/Main_Page last accessed: April 26, 2021,
- Lua error: Internal error: The interpreter exited with status 126.
Lua error: Internal error: The interpreter exited with status 126.